Monday, September 29, 2014

What I Need to Survive Midterm Week



Well, this is it. My first ever college midterm week. I had one midterm so far, and thankfully it went well...but man, are they stressful. Unlike high school where your grade is padded by homework, most of my college grades are determined by two midterms and a final exam, so there is a lot bearing on doing well on my midterms. But of course, just like in high school, I haven't outgrown my procrastination tendencies. I guess I've just come to find that I work better under pressure, especially when I have to get things done. And yes, I'm procrastinating right now in writing this post while I should be studying for my econ midterm tomorrow....but hey, I need a little break!

Anyway, here are a few things I need to study my best and survive midterm week:

1. A quiet place to study. I get easily distracted when the people around me are loud, so this is a must for me. Currently, I'm in one of the designated quiet study rooms in the basement of my dorm.

2. Highlighters. Highlighters are my best friend while studying. I use them to highlight important content in my notes and for checking things off that I already studied.

3. My Agenda. I need my agenda to keep my life together, especially during stressful times such as midterm week when I really need to get things done.  

4. Food. For me, food = brain power. So when I need a little bit of a boost, or even a little motivation, this is what I use. 

5. Coffee or Diet Coke. For when I really need brain power or to stay awake, I drink coffee or Diet Coke to get that extra boost. 

6. Mini breaks. I try and divide up my studying into sections, and then give myself a little 5-10 minute break in between each section to go on social media, eat, go to the bathroom, or do whatever. This way, it'll motivate me to finish each section, and it'll keep me from constantly fooling around on my phone. It'll also keep my mind refreshed and less exhausted than if I studied constantly for hours on end.

If you have midterms coming up, good luck and I'd love to hear about what you need to survive midterm week!





1 comment:

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥