Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter Break To-Do List



Now that Christmas has come and gone, it's time for me to start crossing things off my ever-growing to-do list for the rest of winter break. I have less than two weeks left of break, and like most people, I'd like to pull ahead with the New Year and get some things done before spring semester starts up.

Here are some of the things on my winter break to-do list:

Reform my resume. -CHECK- This was the first thing on my to-do list, and guess what? Already accomplished! I sat down earlier this afternoon and just busted it out. This was something I kept putting off all fall semester, but it was surely a must because I needed something more professional than my old and outdated high school resume.

Finish ordering & buying textbooks. -CHECK- I know that a lot of college students try to hold off on buying textbooks to make sure that they're actually needed for class, but I just went ahead and saved myself some stress in the beginning of the semester and bought my textbooks. To save money, I ended up buying used books from some people I know in the business school at OSU, and for the books I had to buy new (because of those darn online access codes) I used slugbooks.com to find the cheapest price. Definitely glad I got this over with.

Fill out internship applications. As a business major, it's super important to have some solid internship experience. Although I'm in my first year of college, I'm credit-wise a sophomore and am on track to graduate in three years so it would be amazing to get an internship for summer 2015. There's a couple of internships I had in mind to apply for, with one of them at the company where my Aunt works at in downtown Chicago. If I don't get one, it's okay, but there's no harm in trying, right?

Research short-term study abroad options. I'm on track to graduate early, so unfortunately I won't be able to go on a semester-long study abroad trip. However, there's still summer, "May-mester", and other short-term options to look into! I definitely want to experience studying abroad, so it's probably a good idea to research my options now before I miss out on a golden opportunity.

Fill out Scholarship applications. Ugh. After senior year, I never wanted to have to fill out another scholarship application. They can be such a tedious pain. But hey, the more scholarship money I receive now, the less I have to pay back later...so filling out those scholarship applications it is. 

Reform this blog. When I started this blog, it was to document my college years and anything else I feel like posting. I want to add more of a personal feel to the blog, instead of the "cookie cutter" vibes I think it has now (ie posting about generic blog post topics that everyone seems to post about). I want to incorporate my voice into it, and post about things I truly feel passionate about. Maybe people won't enjoy reading my personal thoughts and college experiences, but I feel like this blog would be more meaningful to me if I had a more personal touch. 

Also, I truly haven't given this blog the TLC it needs with all the stress and craziness of my first semester of college, so I'm going to try to come up with blog posting schedule to stick with. 

Visit more with friends and family. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with family lately with Christmas and all, but after being away at college for the past four months, any time I've spent with them doesn't seem like enough. I've got a couple things set up to meet up with some of my high school friends, but I still need to see if I can meet up with some others before winter break comes to an end!


So what are some of the things on your winter break to-do list? 


  


1 comment:

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥