How did winter break go by so quickly?? I’m heading back to Ohio tomorrow, then staying at my Grandma and Grandpa’s house until moving back in at OSU on Sunday. And of course, I’m no where near done with most of the things on my winter break to-do list. I thought since I was going to be alone this week at home (since my siblings had to go back to school and most of my high school friends had to go back to college already), I would get a huge amount of stuff done. But with this crazy cold weather we’re having near Chicago, my brother and sister had a couple days off of school due to “cold days” and I wanted to spend more time with them before I leave.
So today, my Friday will be filled with finishing up my internship application (aka writing my cover letter that I’m dreading to write), filling out scholarship apps, and packing for going back to school. Fun. I’ll probably end up watching more Gilmore Girls on Netflix in between all those things, cause that’s been my latest obsession (and another reason why I’ve gotten nothing done over winter break in the first place…oh well. GG is worth it!).
This past week, I’ve been trying to think of things I can look forward to for spring semester, to get myself a little more excited in going back to school. Not all of them deal with school, but here are some of the things that will be exciting about spring semester (and hopefully a few of them will get you excited too!):
1. A Fresh start. I don’t know about you, but this is what I’m most excited for. New classes, professors, and getting to start fresh with grades and my semester GPA. What makes the fresh start even better is the new school supplies I bought for the semester…and who doesn’t love new school supplies?
2. New opportunities. Last semester was my first semester of college ever, and I’m sad to say that I was a little to overwhelmed in the beginning to take advantage of the nice opportunities around me. From getting involved more, getting to know my professors in their office hours, to finding new study spots or using the gym facilities more, there are LOADS of new opportunities to take advantage of this semester.
3. Change. This kind of goes along with the fresh start, but with my new schedule of classes, I’m going to have to change up my routine a little bit from fall semester. Change will be good though, I think. Since I have later classes this semester, I want to try to get more done in the morning.
4. Spring weather = spring dresses. I know the spring weather won’t be here in the Midwest until at least late March (if not April), but spring clothes just edge out fall clothes for my absolute favorite. I LOVE wearing sundresses in the spring, and I also can’t wait to wear wedges and cute sandals.
5. SPRING BREAK. Although I’m going to be just going home for spring break, I’m excited for it. It’ll be another 2 ½ months before spring break comes around, so I’ll be glad to see my family, anyway. I even bought my plane ticket home for spring break a couple days ago, so I’m all set. J
6. January 12th, 2015. Not only is it the first day of spring semester classes at Ohio State, but it’s also the day of the first ever College Football Championship game, where OSU is playing Oregon. Saying that it will be crazy on campus when I get back to school would be the biggest understatement of the century. I CAN’T WAIT. Oh, and this OSU hype video gives me chills.
7. February 4th, 2015. The day the OPI spring/summer Hawaii Collection comes out. You can see some swatches of the collection here. My two picks of the collection are Just Lanai-ing Around and Hello Hawaii Ya? I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I used to have a nail blog. I’m still into nails and have quite a nail polish collection, but now that I’m a college student, I don’t really have the funds to dish out on new nail polish for the blog all the time. However, OPI is one of my favorite nail polish brands, and I can’t help it this time…I need a couple of the polishes in their upcoming Hawaii Collection!
8. April 19th, 2015. The Lilly Pulitzer collaboration with Target comes out. I don’t know how I feel about this yet, but I’ll be going to my local Target or shopping at Target online when this Lilly collaboration comes out!
Anyway, if you're just about to start 2nd semester or have already started, I hope this maybe gave you a little more to look forward to! Have a great rest of your day!