Wednesday, June 11, 2014

So...Graduation Recap

Graduation went by in a blink of an eye. After counting down the days to graduation since early September, it feels weird that graduation's already over. Like where did the time go??

The actual ceremony was on June 6th. I was so fortunate to have both sets of grandparents, one of my aunts, and my parents all be able to come! The ceremony went pretty well, and success story for me: I didn't trip! (I mean, I did wear wedges instead of legit heels...but even still, I was a little worried about tripping. So yay me for not making a fool out of myself).

I did have one little fail, though. You know when everyone throws up their caps at the end of the ceremony? Well, that didn't happen for me. At the graduation rehearsal they told us that we should take our tassel off (because certain tassels mean different things, they would be nice keepsakes and so on) before throwing up our caps in case we don't find our cap afterwards. So here I am at the end of the ceremony, everyone has taken their cap off and tassel off, ready to throw them up in the air. Of course, only I wouldn't be able to get my tassel off my cap (why I couldn't, I don't know) and by the time I finally got it off, everyone had already thrown their caps in the air. So, yeah. Oops. I missed out on that, but I guess there's always college graduation. Do people still throw up their caps at college graduation ceremonies? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, there really isn't much else to report on graduation. Lots of pictures were taken, but since my Grandpa was the one taking most of my pictures, I haven't gotten them yet...but I do have a couple to show you! The first one was taken by my friend's Dad at graduation, and the second was taken a day before graduation, so that it could be put in the Before/After picture frame I'll also show you below.

Just me and some of my friends...I'm the third one from the right

hmm...I don't know why it looks like I'm clenching my fists, but that's me, looking happy to be done with high school.


The left pic in the frame is from my first day of kindergarten and the right is obviously from graduation. Quite a big difference, huh? :)

And lastly, I just wanted to share a picture of one of the OSU-related grad gifts I got...isn't it cute? :)


So that's my graduation in a nutshell. Maybe I'll share more pics once I get them from my family and friends, but the weird thing is, I don't feel any different now that graduation is over. It hasn't quite hit me yet that I'm done with high school and that I won't be seeing my friends everyday once August comes around. But to be honest, it probably won't hit me until I'm sitting in my college dorm room getting ready for the first day of classes in the fall. Anyhoo, I am happy to be finally done with high school! I can't wait to head off to Columbus. :)

♥ Colleen

1 comment:

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥