Saturday, July 5, 2014

July Goals

I hope you all had a great 4th of July! Mine was good, and I was so glad to spend it with not only my immediate family, but my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! It was nice seeing them because in a little over a month, I'll be heading off to college and I won't be around as much.

I also marched in the parade which was a fun experience! I got a scholarship from a service group in my town, and they wanted me to join them in the parade. We ran out of candy to pass out after the first street we went down, so I'm sorry to all the kids near the end of the parade! :(



Anyway, now that the 4th of July has come and gone, I thought I'd share some of my goals for the month of July:

Spend more time with family.
College will be here before I know it, so I really want to try and spend more time with the people who have been there for me my whole life. Once I get to college, I won't be able to go home until winter break, so I'm going to make sure I set some time aside to hang out with my family!

Finish college shopping.
Oh my, I still have a long way to go with this one! All I've gotten so far is my bedding set (which comes with a comforter, sheets, pillow case, and sham) and a mattress pad. I still have loads of other things to buy, like a new laptop, printer, back-to-school clothes, and other dorm essentials, so hopefully I'll save myself some stress and finish most of my college shopping before August!

Start blogging again on Dream It Up Nails.
This is a biggie for me. I just past my 1-year of blogging mark on DIUN, and I feel TERRIBLE that I haven't blogged on there as much as I should/wanted to. In fact, I didn't blog on there the whole month of June. Granted, I did have my graduation, grad parties to go to, and I have been working a lot, but these aren't really excuses since I could have planned ahead and scheduled time in for new posts. I've also been on a no-buy for nail polish the past few months (since my Mom wants me to save money for college stuff and not spend it all on new nail polish collections), which hasn't helped me make new posts for DIUN, either. I guess that's another reason why I made this blog. Because on this blog, I can blog a lot more since it doesn't all have to be about nail polish. But I do really love doing my nails and the nail polish blog world, so I am planning out some posts for the month of July, and I will hopefully be back blogging on DIUN shortly. :)

Become a member of the Her Campus Blogger Network with this blog.
I'm already a Her Campus Blogger Network member with my other blog, DIUN, but I'd also like to be a HCBN member with this blog too. I just feel like HCBN has a lot of members who have lifestyle/college/beauty blogs, so I'd fit in better and maybe make some blogger friends if I joined in with this blog. I'll apply this month, so hopefully I'll get in!

Start working out again.
Ughhhhhh. All May, I kept telling myself to start working out again. You know, to look decent for summer. But of course it's now July, and I never did start working out. It's pretty sad too, since all I have to do is walk out my room, down the hall, and into the laundry room where there is a treadmill, workout bike, and weights. Like how more convenient can it get?? I'll have to develop a workout plan this month, and stick to it. It's probably easier said than done, I guess.

Go through my closet.
I have so many things I don't even wear anymore in my closet, so it would be a good idea to give some clothes away to people who need it. It would also be nice to clean out my closet to see what I still need to buy in terms of clothes for college!

Read a book.
 So far this summer, I haven't really had time to just relax. June was just crazy and hectic with graduation, grad parties, and the fact that I've been working a lot at my summer job. So in July, I hope to set aside some time for myself and just cuddle up with a good book! Any suggestions?

Do a "High School series" on this blog.
Now that I'm done with high school, I thought I'd do a "high school series" where I share advice, my thoughts on high school, and my experience with the college admissions process. My thought is that maybe someday, someone will find this advice series helpful, just like I wish I could have talked to someone about life in high school when I was an incoming freshman!

Spend time with High School friends.
It's not even college move-in time yet, and I've already learned that some of my "friends" in high school weren't really my friends. However, I'm still really close with some girls from high school who have been there for me from the start, so I definitely want to see these girls more over the summer before we go our separate ways when August comes around! It's going to be weird not seeing them everyday when college starts, but I know I want to keep in touch with them and make use of the rest of my summer by spending time with them!

Hopefully I'll accomplish all these goals by August! Thanks for reading and have a great rest of the day!

♥ Colleen



2 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen! I'm starting college in the fall too, but I haven't even started college shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Itunu! I've barely started college shopping, so you're definitely not the only one! Thankfully, we still have a little time yet! And hey, I'm happy to find another blogger like me who's just starting college! :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥