Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Nails + Slanted Tips Design

Painting my nails in fun, bright colors is just one of the many things that make me look forward to summer. As I've mentioned before, I usually post anything nail-related on my other blog, Dream It Up Nails, but today I thought I'd spice up this blog a little and add a nail post to it!

It's sort of a repost from my other blog, but I wanted to share with you one of my favorite nail designs that I did with some pretty polishes! 


My favorite nail design to do is slanted tips, which is just about the easiest design ever! I'm not so good at nail art, so if I can do this, you can too! I just did them free-handed, so you don't need to bother with any tools. All you need to do is use the handy dandy nail brush that came with the nail polish, and then lightly paint on the tips! 

In the picture above, that's what I was referring to when I was talking about fun, summery nail polish colors. I just love the bright mango color paired with the sparkly blue polish! It's perfect for summer! The polishes I used for it were OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? and the blue polish was China Glaze Seahorsin' Around.


This next slanted tips design was done using OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby. (the sparkly gold) and OPI Hey Baby (pink). This mani isn't as bright and summery as the first one, but I think it's still pretty! You can probably tell that I really like pairing a sparkly polish with a solid color when doing this design!

Probably the most popular nail polish colors for summer are neons, and surprisingly, I haven't worn them too often yet. I probably should start wearing them more often while it's still summer!

Have you been liking any specific nail designs or polishes lately?

♥ Colleen



7 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!!!!!! I like the blue and coral design the most!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Itunu! I think the blue and coral one is my favorite too!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and I'm obsessed! These nails are too cute

    XO
    Salli

    www.stylebysalli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Salli! I just visited your blog too, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed!

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous design! I love trying out nail art but have never attempted slanted tips. I'll have to give it a try soon!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to see it if you decide to try the slanted tips!

      Delete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥