Friday, July 18, 2014

Lilly Pulitzer 2014-2015 Jumbo Agenda Review


 All through high school, I was forced to use the plain, black and white daily planner that my school gave me. I could have bought my own, but everyone was pretty much expected to use the planners they gave us. So after 4 years of using a boring planner, I have finally upgraded to a Lilly Pulitzer Agenda, and I am SO EXCITED!

I first found out about the release of Lilly Pulitzer's new line of agendas from Dorothy's post on her blog Prep In Your Step. And after seeing all of the new designs and reading the reviews on last year's Lilly agendas, I knew I had to have one!

I ended up choosing the jumbo-sized agenda in the design Trippin and Sippin. And boy, choosing the design for my agenda among so many pretty ones was such a hard decison! I chose the jumbo size agenda to make sure that I'd be able to fit everything, especially since I have rather large handwriting and I'm sure that I'll have lots of stuff to write in it when college starts in the fall!

If you're wondering what the size of the jumbo agenda compares to, it's pretty much the size of your average notebook. It's about an inch thick, and it is a tad heavy for an agenda. But that's okay with me because I'll be caring it around with me in my backpack or bag, anyway.

So I thought I'd give you a little sneak peak inside the agenda if you haven't gotten one already, and share my opinions on it.


As I said before, I got my agenda in the print Trippin and Sippin. When I bought it online, I just thought there were the pink flowers and such on a navy background, and somehow didn't realize until I got it that there are seahorses and starfish on it, which make it even cuter in my opinion! The hardcover and spiral binding make it seem durable, and the pink strap I'm sure will help it stay closed when I have it in my bag.


On the inside cover, I wanted to personalize mine a little and put my monogram on there. I didn't really feel like buying a monogram sticker, so instead I made my own! All I did was print my monogram out in a cute font, cut around it with a specially-shaped scrapbooking sciessors, and stick it on with a piece of packaging tape. If you're wondering where the elephant sticker came from, it was my favorite sticker from the sticker sheet that comes with the agenda (more on the stickers in second).

The first "page" in the agenda is a page with a flap, sort of like a folder. I don't know what I'll stick in there yet, but I feel like it will come in handy!

Below is a little close up of the inside front cover.


And here's the sticker page!  I just love these cute little stickers. As you can probably see from the picture, I've already started using them!


Oh and here's the Christmas sticker I put together...the agenda came with the tiger and Santa Claus hat stickers separately, but I decided to put them together to make Christmas tiger. Cause why not, right? Who doesn't love a Christmas tiger?



Here are some of the front pages in the agenda. It includes some pictures of Lilly Pulitzer herself, the story behind the Lilly brand, a page to write in birthdays and anniversaries, a list of holidays, and a horoscope page.






 Next, before the monthly overviews and weekly calenders is a Lilly print for each month. I'll show you a few of my favorites:





Next after each monthly print is an overview of the month. Here's mine for August.


Then after the overview of the month is the calender by week. Here's a week in August. Dates and Holidays are printed in a pink cursive.


After all 18 months of the agenda are some pages of plain notebook paper. So far, I've used some of these pages to write down blog post ideas.


I also wanted to touch on the monthly tabs for a second. They're laminated, which makes them hard to bend or rip. This will hopefully make them durable, especially if my agenda is stuffed in my backpack.


 And there you have it. There's your little sneak peak of the new Lilly planner :)

Overall, I just love this planner! I didn't realize how popular the Lilly Agendas were until I bought my own. I had never seen anyone using them before until I came across Dorothy's post, but I initially thought that it was just because I'm from the Midwest. But I guess I was wrong because I've seen quite a few people I know buy a Lilly agenda recently. Anyway, August just can't come soon enough for me to start using it!!

Also, I just got a new laptop, and the picture editing program I used is a little new to me. So I apologize if the pictures above are a little blurry! I'll try to be better next time...


 Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. love a good lilly agenda! definitely a necessity for every girl!

    Katherine
    gameday dresses game day dresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you just can't go wrong with a Lilly Agenda! Cute agendas are definitely a must for every girl!

      Delete
  2. This agenda is so cute! At first, I was going to get a Lilly agenda, but then I saw the Kate Spade agendas! It was a hard decision, but I decided to go with the Kate Spade one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the Lilly and Kate Spade agendas were adorable this year! I went with the Lilly one because I just love the colorfulness to it, but you definitely can't go wrong with either!

      Delete
  3. We have the same agenda!! Except mine is in large. :-) This is my second year of having a Lilly agenda (during my freshman year of college I had a Vera Bradley one) but once I went Lilly I knew there was no going back! Like you most students at my high school used the ones they gave us so it was wonderful to go to college and get to buy my own one!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha great minds think alike! :) I just loved the Trippin and Sippin print! And now that I finally have a cute-looking agenda, I don't think I'll be going back to plain agendas either! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥