Friday, August 1, 2014

August Goals

July went by in a blink of an eye. I had so much going on from work, to spending time with my high school friends, to shopping for college, that July was truly a blur. I did accomplish most of my July goals which is good, though! Speaking of July goals, here they were:

Spend More Time With My Family
I did accomplish this goal, thankfully! Since I'll be leaving home for the first time in a couple of weeks, spending time with my family was really important to me. I tried setting aside time to hang out with my siblings...from watching chick flicks with my sister to attempting to play basketball in my driveway with my brother, I'd say it went pretty well! Some shopping trips and family movie nights were had this month too! :)

Finish College Shopping
I wanted to be done with all my college shopping by August, but that didn't happen. I did get a good bulk of it done, but there are still a few odds and ends that I need to get. The Target and HomeGoods bags have already started to accumulate in my room...so I do have something to show for the college shopping I did this past month!

Start blogging again on Dream It Up Nails
This unfortunately didn't happen either. I've just been having a hard time finding the motivation to paint my nails lately, so I haven't been able to blog on DIUN. In fact, I'm still wearing the same nail polish (although now badly chipped) as I had on for the 4th of July. I've been debating on whether or not I just want to stop blogging on Dream It Up Nails all together, and just post about some nail related stuff on this blog. It's also hard to blog about only nail-related stuff because now that I'm going of to college, I really don't have the funds to just blow on collections of nail polish. I'll have to think about it...I guess I'm still a little attached to my first blog.

Become a member of the Her Campus Blogger Network with this blog
Done, as you might be able to tell from the Her Campus button on my blog's sidebar! Although I was already a part of HCBN with my blog Dream It Up Nails, I wanted to be a part of the network with this blog too since I don't know if I'm going to keep blogging on DIUN. But hey, hopefully I'll meet some awesome people through the HCBN and through this blog! 

Start Working Out Again
Ughhh. I really wanted to accomplish this one, but with how much I was working this month, it just didn't happen. I need to learn some different ways to motivate myself to work out....any ideas?

Go Through My Closet
Done! I had a pretty big pile of clothes to giveaway after I was done cleaning my closet. Now I guess there's room for more! :D

Read A Book
Yep! I haven't finished it quite yet, but I'm almost done with it so I guess it counts! I've been reading a book called Buckeye Rebirth, which is mostly about the 2012 Ohio State football season, as well as the hiring of their coach, Urban Meyer. It's actually pretty good, and I wanted to read it since I bought season football tickets and I thought by reading this book, I'd appreciate the football games a little more!

Do a "High School Series" on this blog
Not quite for this one. I did one post on this in July, so I started the series which is good! I hope to do a couple more posts in this series before I head off to college!

Spend time with High School friends
Check! Not as often as I had wanted to, but I got together for lunch and shopping a couple times with my high school friends! Hopefully I'll have a chance to get together with them a few more times before we all head off to college in different states (and countries in regard to one of my friends)!



Now that I've gone through my boatload of July goals ... here are my goals for August:

Pack ahead of time for college
Meaning: hopefully I don't put off packing for college until the night before I have to leave. I can just see myself doing that, so I'm keeping myself accountable by putting this goal on the blog!

Keep an open mind 
This has always been a hard thing for me to do, but I think that when I head off to college this month, this will be necessary. I need to be open when it comes to meeting people, since I'm going to a big school with all sorts of different people. I know that in order to make new friends, I'm going to have to refrain from being to quick to judge. Hopefully I'll be able to keep an open mind about activities too, and that I won't write any activities off just because I might have to go to them alone the first time. 

Make Social Media Accounts for the blog
It's probably about time that I make some social media accounts if I ever want to grow this blog! I already created an Instagram for the blog, so I just need to create some buttons for my blog's sidebar, and maybe create a few more social media accounts.

Plan blog posts better
I really need to plan out when to write blog posts, and have a set time in my schedule to do so. I have a growing list of blog post ideas to pull from, I just need to get more organized in actually writing them!

And those are my goals for August. Hopefully I didn't bore you to death from explaining the statuses of all my July goals! It's weird to think that the next time I will be writing a monthly goals post, I won't be in Chicago anymore...I'll be away at college.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Talk to you soon!




1 comment:

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥