Thursday, August 14, 2014

I hate goodbyes.

It's 1am as I'm writing this now, and I don't even know what to say. There's only 3 days left until I leave for college, and 4 days until I actually move in. My Grandma and Grandpa invited my family for over for dinner this past evening so that they could see me before I head off, especially since the first time I'll be coming home won't be until winter break in December. I'm glad they invited us over, and that I got to visit with them for awhile.

But the thing is, I'm terrible at goodbyes. I've never once left home for more than a couple nights, and I've never moved before. I've never had to truly say goodbye to someone. I know it's only saying goodbye for a few months, but it's just such a weird feeling. After seeing these people all the time during the first 18 years of my life, it's going to be so different going off to college knowing absolutely no one.

Anyway, now that one of my best friends has already left for college in Virginia and my Facebook newsfeed is filled with goodbye statuses and pictures of dorm rooms, it's finally starting to hit me that there are some major changes coming ahead, and especially in the next few days. I'm thankful that I got to see some of my friends before we all go our separate ways, but again, it's just so strange seeing people I used to see everyday for the the past several years leave for colleges in different states (and for one of my friends, a different country).

I'm definitely going to miss so many people, and I'm starting to realize that college is going to be quite an adjustment. However, I know that deep inside, I'm ready for it. I'm ready to meet new people, make new friends, and embark on new opportunities and adventures. Although I have to say goodbye to some people for awhile, I get to say hello to a whole new beginning.

Thanks for listening to my rambles,





3 comments:

  1. Hey! I hope you're adjusting well to college!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Itunu! Now that it's been a little over a month that I've been in college, I'm starting to feel a lot more adjusted to college! I hope college life is treating you well, too! :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you! ♥